…and what a year it has been!
1. Explored the Castle ruins in Baden-Baden!
2. Belgium everything! Waffles, Fries, Chocolate, Beer and Battlefields (Bastogne!)
3. Bamberg, home of the UNESCO-recognized Rathaus and smoked beer!
4. Enjoyed fall for the first time in more than 10 years!
5. Was introduced to Christmas Markets in Vienna…amazing!
6. Enjoyed Gluhwein while going to more than 10 Christmas Markts!
7. Went home to the States for the first time in 8 months!
8. Visited the lesser known, but very quaint German Town, Schwabisch Hall!
9. Spent an afternoon in Zürich, Switzerland!
10. Stayed in Stuttgart to see the Porsche Museum!
11. Ate Hungarian Goulash and discovered my favorite European building in Budapest!
12. Was dazzled in Dresden!
13. Experienced the unexpectedly colorful Wroclaw, Poland!
14. Dressed up for the frenzy that is Köln’s Fasching!
14. Quick trip to Dinklesbuhl, a lesser-known town on the Romantic Road!
15. Saw the bears in Berne, Switzerland!
16. Fun at Frühlingsfest with Jake and Renee!
17. Enjoyed the scenery of the Upper Rhine River!
18. Hiked the highest waterfall in Triberg, deep in the Black Forest!
19. Walked among the tulips in the Netherlands!
20. Strolled the Red Light District, visited Van Gogh and honored Anne Frank in Amsterdam!
21. Stared in awe at a Greek sunset on the island of Crete!
22. Flower overload at the Blumen Insel in the Bodensee!
23. Visited the Queen in London!
24. Happiness is the Esslingen Erdbeer Fest!
25. Celebrated the 4th of July in the Eternal City of Rome!
26. Stared at the Sistine Chapel ceiling in the Vatican City!
27. Was guided on a Gondola in gorgeous Venice!
28. Visited Juliet’s balcony in Verona!
29. Made a return trip to my favorite city, Paris!
30. It’s festival time, and one of the best is the Stuttgart Wine Fest!
What an amazing year it has been…and it can only get better in this next year!
The Adventures Abroad story gets to continue for another year, and I’m looking forward to see what the next year holds! 🙂